History:In 1914, James H. Keefer took a chance and opened a small printing company at 921 Broadway in Fort Wayne. Five generations later—and nearly a century of advancements in the printing industry—the company is still family-owned and committed to serving a wide range of businesses and charitable organizations in our community. Yes, for more than 100 years our history has been entwined with the history of Fort Wayne. And we wouldn’t have it any other way.
1926Keefer Printing Company is officially incorporated and relocates to 714 West Washington Blvd. to accommodate more equipment and larger print orders.
1930Son, J. Ver Keefer, takes over the business.
1950'sThe industry moves from letterpress printing to offset printing or lithography. The company is noted for printing newspapers for International Harvester and General Electric. The building was expanded twice to provide more space.
1960's-70'sSon, James M. Keefer becomes owner and president. Installation of new offset presses changes the company’s focus to printing color brochures and catalogs for many of the city’s leading businesses and organizations. Richard Keefer joins the company in 1973 becoming the 4th generation in the business.
1991Richard F. Keefer begins his tenure as president and owner. Purchase of our first six-color press shifts the company’s focus to multi-color,
2002Keefer Printing moves to its present location on Transportation Drive with 43,000 square feet of space and room to expand.
2007Patrick Keefer joins the company in 2007 becoming the 5th generation in the business.